COVID-19 Useful Information
NHS website link :
To view details about the Coronavirus in different languages, please click on the following link :
24/7 text messaging service to support those in crisis :
Advice for parents during Coronavirus :
COVID-19 Resources List
- The Launch Project: Doing emergency packs for people self-isolating or finding it hard to get out 0161 883 3192
- Salford Assist: People in crisis who don’t have money for food or heating call 0800 694 3695
- Costcutter Eccles: Offering free delivery for elderly and vulnerable 07958241154/ 07544371341
- The Tatton: Ordsall Café. Hold the bread and butter project. Family Shopping from £7 0161 872 6011
- Go Local Whit Lane: Offering basic living packages to the elderly of Whit Lane and surrounding area. A bottle of milk, bread, toilet roll and a bottle of water. Delivered for free. 07494522674
- Iceland Salford Precinct: Open for over 65’s 9-11 on a Wednesday
Please click on the link below for information from the National Autistic Society.
Hearing Aid Batteries – If your child needs hearing aid batteries please read the link below.
Government Scheme :
There’s a new government scheme to help residents on low incomes be able to afford to self-isolate. If residents have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and meet various criteria, they will receive a support payment of £500. This helps residents who are worried about losing income if they cannot work during their self-isolation period.
The aim is to help reduce the transmission of COVID-19, reduce hardship and avoid further societal and economic restrictions, including local lockdowns. Visit www.salford.gov.uk/testandtracesupport for full details including eligibility criteria and an application form. Unfortunately, this payment is not available for parents who are having to provide childcare for pupils who have been asked to isolate due to being a contact with a positive case.
We have Salford Assist for emergency food and energy provision. https://www.salford.gov.uk/advice-and-support/salford-assist/how-do-you-apply-for-help-from-salford-assist/ provides further detail.
Information & Guidance For Schools & Families To Support Bereaved Children
Winston’s Wish – Information and guidance for schools and families to support bereaved children :
Information and scripts to use if someone the child knows has died from COVID-19 :
Saying goodbye when children cannot attend a funeral :
Child Bereavement UK – Downloadable information sheet with tips for supporting bereaved children through difficult times :